Welcome to the Habitat team!
- Get an invite from a team member to join the habitat-core-maintainers team in the Habitat Github org
MAINTAINERS.mdfor habitat, builder and core-plans repos
- Create account on Habitat Community Slack: http://slack.habitat.sh/
- Get invite from a team member to join any necessary private channels
- Join #general #core-dev #notifications #documentation
- Add yourself to @habitat-team group in chefio Slack (in ⋮ menu in upper-right corner, select “User Groups”)
Get added to
firstname.lastname@example.org list (all email to
email@example.com here as well)
Once you’ve been added to
firstname.lastname@example.org, you should be invited to the following recurring events:
- Habitat Standup (Daily)
- Habitat Retro (Fortnightly)
Habitat uses 1password for shared secrets management.
- Have a team member invite you to 1password.
- Setup 1password.
Project Tracking and Issue Tracking
The Habitat team performs all their development in the open to help promote and encourage a thriving and health community. The JIRA project for habitat is no longer active and should not be used.
- Habitat Project Tacking / Kanban Board (Login via GitHub and authorize ZenHub app)
- Sign up for bintray and request to join the habitat organization (@joseph must approve this)
- Read the release process document
- Get added to the appropriate goalie schedule in PagerDuty (late, early)
- Have Ian Henry or Elliott Davis make you manager of the Habitat YouTube channel so you can run triage.
- Have any team member grant you administrator and moderator privileges on this forum.
- Read the document describing the duties
- Read On Call Engineering Duties, Incidents and Troubleshooting Builder Services
- Get set up with access to production services
- Set up PagerDuty account (request here), including notifications and calendars
Books & Documentation
- Habitat Tutorial
- Habitat Documentation
- Habitat 101 Video
- Getting Started With Habitat Video
- Habitat Architecture Brown Bag Sessions (videos)
- Builder Architecture Overview (video)
- The Rust Programming Language eBook