Welcome to the Habitat team!
- [ ] Get an invite from a team member to join the habitat-core-maintainers team in the Habitat Github org
- [ ] Update
MAINTAINERS.mdfor habitat, builder and core-plans repos
- [ ] Create account on Habitat Community Slack: http://slack.habitat.sh/
- [ ] Get invite from a team member to join any necessary private channels
- [ ] Join #general #core-dev #notifications #documentation
- [ ] Get added to @core-maintainers list
- [ ] Get added to
Have a team member invite you to the following recurring events:
- [ ] Habitat Standup (Daily)
- [ ] Habitat Demo (Weekly)
- [ ] Habitat Retro (Fortnightly)
Habitat uses 1password for shared secrets management.
- [ ] Have a team member invite you to 1password.
- [ ] Setup 1password.
Project Tracking and Issue Tracking
The Habitat team performs all their development in the open to help promote and encourage a thriving and health community. The JIRA project for habitat is no longer active and should not be used.
- Habitat Project Tacking / Kanban Board (Login via GitHub and authorize ZenHub app)
- [ ] Sign up for bintray and request to join the habitat organization (@joseph must approve this)
- [ ] Read the release process document
- [ ] Get added to all three goalie schedules in PagerDuty (1, 2, 3)
- [ ] Have Ian Henry, Elliott Davis or Nathen Harvey make you manager of the Habitat YouTube channel so you can run triage.
- [ ] Have any team member grant you administrator and moderator privileges on this forum.
- [ ] Read the document describing the duties
- [ ] Read On Call Engineering Duties, Incidents and Troubleshooting Builder Services
- [ ] Get set up with access to production services
- [ ] Set up PagerDuty account (notifications and calendars)
Books & Documentation
- Habitat Tutorial
- Habitat Documentation
- Habitat 101 Video
- Getting Started With Habitat Video
- Habitat Architecture Brown Bag Sessions (videos)
- Builder Architecture Overview (video)
- The Rust Programming Language eBook